Kindergarten Registration 2023-2024
Topham Elementary welcomes new Kindergarten students to our school community. Our teachers and staff are eager to meet your child and your family and get them started on their learning journey.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2023-2024 school year will begin on January 16th and continue through to March 31, 2023. All children who will be five years old by December 31, 2023 are eligible to register for Kindergarten classes that will begin in September 2023.
You can either register in person or email Ms. Young (firstname.lastname@example.org) and submit copies of documents as attachments (not images inserted into the body of the email). This will streamline the process for both parents/guardians and staff. Registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided.
**YOU MUST REGISTER AT YOUR CATCHMENT SCHOOL**
Following is a list of required documents:
- Proof of Age (Birth Certificate, Passport).
- Proof of Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status for both child and parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card, Canadian Passport, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
- Proof of residence (Driver’s License, utility bill, mortgage statement, subject-free purchase agreement, municipal tax bill).
- Immunization Records (if available – school does not retain a copy)
Although your child’s Care Card is not a required document, it is an important piece of information for the school to have. Please make sure that you have indicated any medical concerns or information that the school should be aware of (i.e. asthma, allergies, etc.). If you have copies of any medical documents or diagnostic reports for learning or physical needs, please also have a copy or the original (a copy can be made at the school). Please also have a copy of any court orders regarding custody so the school can have a copy on file.
You will need to do the following
- Complete registration form (Kindergarten Registration Form) and have documents ready. See above checklist.
- Submit documents online.
- Once your child’s information has been received, you will receive confirmation from the school informing you it has been received, along with other information, and further instructions (if necessary).
There will be a Kindergarten Meet & Greet in May 2023 (details to follow in April 2023 via email). You will also receive a ‘Welcome to Kindergarten’ package with valuable information and dates to get you and your family ready for September.