Kindergarten Registration 2021 – Topham Elementary
Topham Elementary welcomes new Kindergarten students to our school community. Our teachers and staff are eager to meet your child and your family and get them started on their learning journey.
Registration opens January 18 and continues through until March 31, 2021. Registration will not be available at the school during Spring Break, from March 13 –28, 2021.
Please review the following information outlining documents needed and instructions to help register new learners. Due to COVID-19, our schools will be modifying registration this year to meet health and safety guidelines and support the needs of families. If you have any general questions about Kindergarten registration, please contact our school Administrative Assistant, Mrs. Finley at the school office by phone: 604-888-6111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to produce the following documents:
- Proof of age (Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status for both student and parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
- Proof of residence (mortgage papers, Property Tax Notice, BC Driver’s Licence, subject-free purchase agreement [less than 6 month move-in date], utility bill)
- Current vaccination records* (school does not retain a copy)
- Registration Form (also available on District website and child’s school)
You will need to do the following:
- Complete registration form (fillable pdf) and have documents ready. See above checklist.
- Submit documents in-person or online.
If you choose Online:
Please email Mrs. Finley (email@example.com) and submit copies of documents as attachments and not images inserted into the body of the email. This will streamline the process for both parents/guardians and staff. Registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided
If you choose In-person:
Please call the school ahead of time to arrange a time to drop-off or complete your child’s registration on site. Mrs. Finley will meet you at the school entrance or foyer to receive your child’s registration and documents. Staff will make copies of any documents required. Registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided. Please abide by COVID-19 health and safety protocols, which include completing a health check upon arrival, sanitizing hands, maintaining physical distancing, and wearing a mask.
- Once your child’s information has been received, you will receive confirmation from the school informing you it has been received, along with other information, and further instructions (if necessary).
We will be sending a ‘Welcome to Kindergarten’ package with valuable information and dates to get you and your family ready for September at a later date.
We look forward to meeting all our future Topham Tigers!